1. Try to use Hiragana + Katakana, later on, Hiragana + Katakana + Kanji. For instance; to write “fish”, first use “ さかな ” (Written in Hiragana and read as “sakana” in romaji meaning “fish”), in time try to use “ 魚 ” (Written in Kanji and read as “sakana”.)
2. How much time should I allocate ?
You designate the time period. Personal criteria works i.e.:
– It may be a good starting point with 30-35 minutes per day and 4 hours totally in a week. In this way let’s take a look at what we have after 16 hour/month.
– A 15 day-period for each of Hiragana or Katakana alphabets (in total one month (16 hours)) will do.
– 10 Kanji a week may be a good target. (40 Kanjis a month). Som may increase the level to 3 kanji a day. In general about 50 kanji/month is a good measurement for starting.
– In accordance with each learned kanji, 5 words containing that learned kanji make 200 words in a month.
– To diversify the learning topics, adding some daily conversations, simple listenings and basic grammar structures to our Schedule may increase the efficiency.
– Get close to Japanese culture. That gives the idea of the environment that all learned writing system is used.
3. Do not spend more than 30 minutes for each learning session. Otherwise it may become harder to concentrate on. Under any circumstances, to be away from sessions more than 2-3 days makes it difficult to unite what you have learned so far. (In order not to start studying from the beginning each time.)
4. The table below is an example for one month studying period:
5. According to the table Grade 1 can be achieved in two months. Grade 2 level may need additional 4 months. In total, after 6 months it can be possible to start Grade 3 level or in other words it means JLPT N4 level is achieved.
6. When the sample in kanjimae.com followed, its target which is JLPT N3 level kanjis (600-650 kanjis) may be learned at the end of a studying year.
7. Periodical review is necessary daily, weekly and monthly.
8. It is relatively difficult to change wrong or bad drawing/writing habits. So, pay necessary attention to the way of drawings, stroke orders and the distances between the stroke lines.
9. WRITING is advised while studying.
10. Step by step and determined. For example we should say “at the end of the third week I must finish learning 30 kanjis”.
11. Take it as a game that has several levels up.